This week’s media headlines, trends and ideas, selected to inspire and inform Better Science, Better Art and Better Outcomes.
1. Did you know that advertising spend in the UK is expected to exceed 20bn by 2019? [Source: The Drum]
2. Instagram have just launched IGTV, which will make the most of the rise in popularity of vertical video. [Source: Instagram]
3. YouTube has expanded its subscription-based music and video services to the UK. [Source: BBC]
4. Who has won so far at Cannes? [Source: Campaign]
5. How is AI maximizing ads and how can brand safety nightmares be avoided? [Source: More About Advertising]
6. This week IPG held their annual Global Women’s breakfast at Cannes. Michael Roth hopes that this year is the last, find out why! [Source: MediaPost]
7. YouTube launches new tool (Video Experiments) which enables advertisers to test ads before a formal launch and target better. [Source: Campaign]
8. IPG Mediabrands invites you to a morning of insight and conversation about some of the most important themes and issues that face the LGBTQ+ community in society, and in our industry, today. Find out more here.