This week’s media headlines, trends and ideas, selected to inspire and inform Better Science, Better Art and Better Outcomes.
News from the world of Media:
1. Have you seen the Book of Man? It’s a digital platform that provides advice for men of subjects of vital importance that haven’t been covered by other men’s media. [Source: The Drum]
2. Do airlines need to rethink their customer experience? [Source: Warc]
3. How is a US business using “wrapped” cars and geofencing to enable retargeting? [Source: Warc]
4. Did you know that Wetherspoons closed down their social media accounts this week? Here’s Mark Ritson’s take on it. [Source: Marketing Week]
5. Why was a hyper realistic robot in a pub talking to random members of the public? [Source: Campaign]
6. Make sure you look twice at the KFC Hot and Spicy campaign out of Hong Kong. [Source: Ad Week]
7. The popularity of Netflix is increasing, and it is shaking up the film industry. [Source: The Guardian]
8. Snapchat launches in-app AR shopping. [Source: The Drum]
News from the world of UM:
1. We are thrilled that Rachel Forde has been appointed as our UK chief executive!
2. We are delighted to have been awarded a 7 in the Campaign School Reports 2018.